Today’s announcement by the Northern Territory Government of the granting of approval to Empire for the drilling of their first well in EP187 was a significant milestone for inGauge Energy too. Using our in-house environmental team we worked on behalf of Empire to gain this approval. The process involved:
- Site scouting
- Archaeological surveys
- Main Roads permits and road upgrades
- Seeking water bore and land clearing permits
- Obtaining water extraction licences
- Developing and submitting the EMP (Environmental Management Plan)
- Developing and submitting the WOMP (Well Operations Management Plan)
- Managing the geotech survey and report
- Submitting all documents for final Ministerial Approval
inGauge received compliments from the regulators on the quality of our submissions and on our positive proactive engagement. We understand that our EMP approval was achieved in the shortest time yet. We are now busy with the preparation for the drill phase, whilst the environmental and approvals team has begun to focus its attention on the stimulation EMP for next year.
Learn more about the project here.