John Grehan: Senior Well Engineer
John is a multi-skilled drilling professional with a first-class honours degree in Mechanical Engineering and approximately 20 years of diverse international drilling experience both on- and offshore in a variety of technically challenging and remote locations in countries across the Persian Gulf, North Africa, North Sea, South China Sea, Papua New Guinea and Australia.
He is equally comfortable working as either an office-based drilling engineer or rig-based engineer/drilling supervisor, with approximately 60% of career time spent in field-based positions, including several years as a senior drilling supervisor.
John is experienced in a range of drilling techniques including HPHT, horizontal and extended reach drilling, casing drilling, managed pressure, mud cap, underbalanced and air drilling, use of SBM drilling fluids, wireline, slickline, completions and well testing operations.
- Bachelor of Mechanical & Space Engineering (Hons), The University of Queensland, 2001
- inGauge Energy since 2020, Australia
- Eighteen months with Arrow Energy, Brisbane
- Two years with Dubai Petroleum, United Arab Emirates
- One year with InterOil Corporation, Papua New Guinea
- Four years with Santos Ltd, Brisbane
- One year with Hoan Vu Joint Operating Company, Vietnam
- Two years with Maersk Oil, Denmark & Qatar
- One year with Maghreb Petroleum Exploration, Morocco
- Two years with Origin Energy, Brisbane
- Two years with Schlumberger, United Arab Emirates